Tuesday 24 February 2009

Leadership project

Within the Business Studies department at St Ninian's, we have used a variety of different methods to introduce S1 pupils to Business Management and Administration before they make their option choices for S2. 

As part of my leadership project, I asked if I could organise this project this year. This has involved me doing the following:
  • Putting our proposal to the Headteacher and gaining his permission
  • Liaising directly with members of the Senior Management Team to ensure there is minimum disruption for rooms, please-takes etc. 
  • Identifying and liaising with another department in the school to take the S1 classes from. 
  • Liaising with members of my own department to ensure they are happy to take on extra classes and providing them with adequate facilities for the lessons. 
  • Liaising with another department to ensure we have adequate rooms. 
  • Creating lessons which are directly linked to the work we do in S2 to ensure pupils are given a realistic understanding what we cover in Business Studies.
Although I have had previous experience of this type of thing from my Probation year i.e. S1 Health Day and Careers Convention, it is still a daunting prospect when you have to do this within a relatively new school and your knowledge of staff and pupils is still limited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment