Tuesday 27 January 2009

Blog development

I have been developing this blog over the course of the last year and experimenting with different additions to maximise the learning experience of my pupils. This has been a huge commitment but the sheer scale of the things available on the internet has made it worthwhile. 

Having set up a home blog page, I attached additional blog pages to it to cover all my classes and added a Study Skills and Careers blog. Some of the things I have utilised the blog for during the course of the year:
  • Displaying pupil work 
  • Recording work covered in class so absent pupils can catch up
  • Recording pupil homework so it can be accessed at all times and when pupil is absent
  • Providing links to useful websites
I have tried to ensure everything I use has a educational merit and enhances the pupils learning. Potentially, I would like to grow this into a resource which the pupils (and parents) use on a regular basis to know what we are doing in class, and to provide a platform for pupils work to be seen on a wider scale. 

There are several excellent bloggers out there - Kenny O'Donnells  Geography blog, Mr McGowan's Business Studies blog and Miss Bate's Italian blog have been really helpful sources and are well worth a look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment