Sunday 4 October 2009

Work Experience

I am also working on a Work Experience project. I have been allocated a class by Kenny O'Donnell, the PT of Development, and my role is to monitor the return of various forms including Parental Consent forms. A spreadsheet has been developed to record when the forms are return. The pupils go out on work experience on the 9 November and any pupils who fail to return the forms may fail to get a placement.

To try and ensure the pupils are as prepared as possible, I spoke to one of the DHTs and took the class into one of the ICT rooms to work on the necessary website. I have also visited the class on a couple of occasions to reiterate the need to get the forms back.

In the week before the October holiday, I plan to target individuals to ensure everyone gets the chance to go on work experience.

All pupils who were in the class I was monitoring managed to get their work experience and parental signature letters back on time and will hopefully have had a worthwhile experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment