Sunday 4 October 2009

Trip - Students & Teachers of Economics Annual Scottish Conference

I have organised a trip for 10 pupils in my Higher Business Management class and myself to attend the above conference on November 9. Despite it being a simple trip into Glasgow, it has still involved quite a lot of organising.

Initially, I had to choose 10 pupils to go - they had to write a short piece detailing why the wanted to go. Next, I had to complete a request form for the Head Teacher and a risk assessment form. One of the office secretaries is currently preparing the Parental Consent letters and researching travel firms for me to use. I also have a form to complete to get financial support from the school. When this is complete, I will speak to the pupils about how much the day will cost and issue parental consent forms.

Although not a large scale trip, it is still a good introduction to organising something of this sort.

The trip passed off without any issues. The buses arrived on time and during the event, the pupils were very well behaved. We had a last minute change to the people going but this caused minimum disruption. Although the content of the conference was perhaps not specifically suited to what we need at St Ninian's, it was still a very well worth visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment