Tuesday 17 March 2009

S1 Taster Lessons in Admin & Business Management

Taster Lessons have now been delivered to all 13 S1 classes in both Administration and Business Management. The feedback from pupils and staff alike seems positive and the next stage is to build on this during the S1 Options evening on 26 March.

Some areas that I identified to focus on in future include:
  • Implications of different ability levels and time for Administration taster - for some pupils, conducting internet research and producing 4 slides in one period was too big a task. In future, I could look at having a template already in place and developing extension tasks for the more able pupils.
  • Ensuring all staff are fully aware of changes to rooming. Although I had negotiated with the PT of another department, I had not personally informed staff in this department that their rooms were being used on the day. This is something I feel I would ensure happened in future. 
Overall all, the delivery of the project was a big success and hopefully leads to increased numbers next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment