Sunday 5 June 2011

S1 Projects Group Leader



Having gone for an S1 Tutor job earlier in the year, one of the issues I had was limited experience with this age group as I only teach S3 and above. I was given responsibility for a first year class during S1 Projects week to enable me to get leadership experience in this area. This involved initially meeting the group on the first morning which gave me the opportunity to establish expected levels of behaviour and to talk the pupils through the itinerary for the week.


The remainder of the week was relatively straightforward as the pupils had the opportunity to participate in a range of activities including surfing, scuba diving, rock climbing, hillwalking and sailing. My main role was to do the register in the morning and alert the head of S1 if there were any absentees, ensure the pupils were safely bussed to activities, inform the leader of the activities of any health problems which may affect them and ensure the pupils were safely returned and all accounted for at the end of the day.


Overall, a big succes and a chance to work with an age group I otherwise wouldn't get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment