Wednesday 26 January 2011

CPD

This term I am looking to take on a couple of new tasks at SMC, with support from my Head of House, with the goal of developing my CV. Although neither are too arduous in terms of workload, both will give me an opportunity to not only develop my own skills but also the chance to get to know my registration class better:

Commendations

My Head of House has given me responsibility for collating, recording and issuing commendations received by my registration class. This has given me the chance to focus on positive elements of my relationship with the class rather than continually enforcing rules such as lateness, absence letters etc.

Attainment Coaching

Following on from a project I helped pilot in St Ninians, I have asked and gained permission to begin a small Attainment Coaching project with three pupils who have indicated they may leave at the end of the academic year. The focus will be on support and encouragement to ensure that should they indeed leave, they will do so with the best possible results. I plan to have initial meetings with the pupils over the next week and focus on their prelim results and their goals for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment