Wednesday 11 November 2009

S5 - Lessons on CVs

I was asked to deliver a lesson to a group of eleven S5 pupils who are doing a mixture of college and school based around vocational skills. As many of these pupils may soon be in the market for finding employment, I chose to deliver a lesson on writing CVs.

Using my previous recruitment experience, I talked them through the purpose of a CV and how employers would use it to decide who to interview and as the basis for interview questions. We looked at developing strong personal statements and I showed them the layout of a good CV.

We didn't have time to finish it but the class seemed enthusiastic and I have offered to have a look at any CV they finish at home. I plan to do a second lesson with the class later in the year and the class have asked to do interview skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment