Tuesday 15 September 2009

Delivery of blogging CPD


Today I delivered an hours CPD for teachers at St Ninian's on how to use blogs to benefit the teaching and learning in their classroom.

Blogging is something I have been doing since my days at Hamilton Grammar and I have kept this going at St Ninian's. It was good to be able to pass on my knowledge and hopefully others may benefit. The areas I covered included:
  • How to create a blog page
  • How to create and amend gadgets
  • How to change templates
  • How to link blog pages together
  • How to post
  • How to add pictures and videos
  • How to authorise other contributors
Although this just scratched the surface of the potential of blogs, it enables those present to set up and start using blogs. One teacher in particular found the CPD very useful as she is working with a group of pupils to move the St Ninian's newsletter onto a blog and I have offered follow up CPD for her to develop the blog further.

No comments:

Post a Comment